We started the application to get an EEA family permit at the end of September. We hope this information can help some other people who are in the same situation.
- First of all, I created an account on “VISA 4 UK”. Had to fill out the online application form with the relevant data and send it, online as well. This procedure was completely free. I received a PDF file and had to print this out to bring to the interview.
- We had to prove that our relationship is real. We sent the following documents for this:
- Japanese passport
- Hungarian ID card (passport is okay as well)
- Japanese family register
- Hungarian marriage certificate
- Photos and letters that can prove our relationship
- Bank statements
- IELTS and TOEFL certificate
- Previous payslips that can prove previous jobs
We wanted to get some of the documents back, so we also included a copy of them. None of them was a certificated copy, so we signed them like this:
(Date / Month / Year)
I Hereby Certify That The Document Has Been Translated From Japanese Into English, And All Information Provided Is True, Correct And Complete.
- In the Visa office, they checked all the documents and then took a photo and fingerprints in a separate room.
We can get to know if I could get the Visa only after the passport has arrived. There are two options, to collect it in the office in person or they can send it by post. I chose the latter one but had to pay a fee for it.
We prepared the documents in document holders and worked with it a lot. In the end, it was unnecessary, because they did not take the folder. The point was to give them the papers in two groups: copies and originals.